Help Prevent Inappropriate Prescribing with Advanced Clinical Information Systems
What It Does for Your Business
- Assists in identifying the drugs available to treat a specific medical condition in order to:
- Facilitate adherence to federal drug use standards
- Identify potential off-label drug uses and drug contraindications associated with inappropriately prescribed medications
What It Provides
- The ability to search and retrieve drugs available to treat a specific medical condition
- Qualifying conditions – defines any additional condition, disease, population, etc., that must be present for a condition to apply
- Identifies if the drug has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the indication
- Documentation source – defines the source of the indication
- Documentation level – includes the quality and quantity of supporting information
- Drug acceptance level - helps differentiate between FDA-approved indications, medically recognized unlabeled uses and other known unlabeled uses
- Therapy duration - distinguishes between short-term use and maintenance drugs
- Outcome - specifies the “expected” clinical result subsequent to drug use
- Additional text provided to further describe the drug-to-indication that is not adequately described by one of the defined attributes
Delivery and Required Solutions
- API: Medi-Span Clinical Drug Indications API
- Flat File: Drug Indications Database
REQUIRED COMPANION SOLUTIONS
Need more information?
Call us at 855.633.0577 or fill out our online form and we'll have someone contact you!
of customers are satisfied with the quality of Medi-Span data
of customers are likely to renew their Medi-Span data license
Hundreds of customers see 50% or greater increase in productivity with Medi-Span
See why more healthcare businesses are choosing Medi-Span for their drug data:
Speed to Market
Medi-Span implementation support helped save me one month in speed to market and about $10,000 in development costs.
Medi-Span, in my view, beats everyone else. It helps you find twice as many drug errors – errors that would lead to readmission - in half the amount of time.
(Medi-Span) allows us to provide features that our competitors do not have.
As a claims processor, we rely on Medi-Span and its wealth of drug information to forecast and price claims for our clients. Medi-Span is the go-to (application) that is recognized across the industry for (manufacturer-provided) drug information. They have innovative tools and excellent customer service that will go above and beyond to provide the best available solution.
Medi-Span implementation support helped save me one month in speed to market and about $10,000 in development costs.”
Consistent Pricing Data
It is the source for the benchmark prices consistently used in the PBM industry and the tool we use to hold PBMs accountable to their pricing promises to our employers.
Business cannot survive without Medi-Span data.
Only reliable published resource for (manufacturer-provided) AWP. (Medi-Span proprietary) GPI is therapeutic classification system of choice. It is very enabling, as clinical management rules are easily articulated.
Even in an era where data abounds, there is a terrific amount of uncertainty. People want confidence that what they are seeing is (based on) real (manufacturer-provided information) – Medi-Span provides that confidence.
(Medi-Span) allows for consistency across the company, industry and clients.
Timely and Relevant
The Medi-Span database allows our system to have the latest and most current information available. It is especially needed for package information, interaction checking, and clinical printing.
This is a foundational piece that is used throughout the organization in many systems and is often used to connect data from multiple systems.
Who is Clinical Drug Information?
With the move to team-based care, conflicting data can lead to actual conflicts – from disparity in business decisions to confusion in communication. We research, validate, and synthesize content to show the right data to right people at the right time. With content developed in a consistent manner across all platforms and resources, your team receives aligned drug information no matter when or how they access it. This helps:
- Improve communication
- Reduce confusion
- Enhance patient care
Impacting thousands of healthcare organizations - see our storyPlay Video
How can our award-winning drug data help you?
Learn more about Medi-Span