Medical Condition Contraindication Screening
Help Avoid Complications by Reviewing Drug Therapies
What It Does for Your Business
- Enhances patient safety by aiding clinical decision support
- Identifies drug-related contraindications and precautions due to age, gender, medical condition/disease state, known genetic factors, pregnancy and lactation based on information in patient records
- Helps healthcare providers reduce complications associated with prescribing and dispensing drugs that are potentially contraindicated
- Helps identify alternative drug products with fewer potential conflicts
- Screens to prevent potentially inappropriate drug use in pregnancy and by breast-feeding mothers
- Creates potential for reduction in costs by proactively identifying and avoiding drug-disease conflict
What It Provides
- Co-morbidities and additional conditions for which the precaution is known to especially apply
- Placental Transfer and Food and Drug Administration Risk Factors that affect potential fetal risk during pregnancy
- Breast-Feeding Excreted Codes and Breast-Feeding Ratings that help evaluate potential risks to infants when a drug is used by a breast-feeding mother
- Management levels that rank relative significance based on precaution severity and drug necessity and enable filtering of screening results
- Comment text and citations provide additional clarity and reference information to support the precaution information
Delivery and Required Solutions
Need more information?
Call us at 855.633.0577 or fill out our online form and we'll have someone contact you!
of customers are satisfied with the quality of Medi-Span data
of customers are likely to renew their Medi-Span data license
Hundreds of customers see 50% or greater increase in productivity with Medi-Span
See why more healthcare businesses are choosing Medi-Span for their drug data:
Speed to Market
Medi-Span implementation support helped save me one month in speed to market and about $10,000 in development costs.
Medi-Span, in my view, beats everyone else. It helps you find twice as many drug errors – errors that would lead to readmission - in half the amount of time.
(Medi-Span) allows us to provide features that our competitors do not have.
As a claims processor, we rely on Medi-Span and its wealth of drug information to forecast and price claims for our clients. Medi-Span is the go-to (application) that is recognized across the industry for (manufacturer-provided) drug information. They have innovative tools and excellent customer service that will go above and beyond to provide the best available solution.
Medi-Span implementation support helped save me one month in speed to market and about $10,000 in development costs.”
Consistent Pricing Data
It is the source for the benchmark prices consistently used in the PBM industry and the tool we use to hold PBMs accountable to their pricing promises to our employers.
Business cannot survive without Medi-Span data.
Only reliable published resource for (manufacturer-provided) AWP. (Medi-Span proprietary) GPI is therapeutic classification system of choice. It is very enabling, as clinical management rules are easily articulated.
Even in an era where data abounds, there is a terrific amount of uncertainty. People want confidence that what they are seeing is (based on) real (manufacturer-provided information) – Medi-Span provides that confidence.
(Medi-Span) allows for consistency across the company, industry and clients.
Timely and Relevant
The Medi-Span database allows our system to have the latest and most current information available. It is especially needed for package information, interaction checking, and clinical printing.
This is a foundational piece that is used throughout the organization in many systems and is often used to connect data from multiple systems.
Who is Clinical Drug Information?
With the move to team-based care, conflicting data can lead to actual conflicts – from disparity in business decisions to confusion in communication. We research, validate, and synthesize content to show the right data to right people at the right time. With content developed in a consistent manner across all platforms and resources, your team receives aligned drug information no matter when or how they access it. This helps:
- Improve communication
- Reduce confusion
- Enhance patient care
Impacting thousands of healthcare organizations - see our storyPlay Video
How can our award-winning drug data help you?
Learn more about Medi-Span