Facts & Comparisons Searchable Drug Information Databases
With a single search by drug name or NDC, Facts & Comparisons eAnswers connects you to a wide variety of drug information databases containing relevant drug knowledge and medication safety content.
- Choose a Database -
- Drug Facts and Comparisons®, including comparative charts
- A to Z Drug Facts
- Off-label Drug Facts
- Briggs' Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation
- Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS)
- Medication Guides
- Review of Natural Products
- Boxed Warnings
- Manufacturer Index
- Don't Crush/Chew
- Immunization Schedules
- Patient Assistance Program Information
- Additional Information Links
Drug Facts and Comparisons®, including comparative charts
For more than 65 years, Drug Facts and Comparisons has been an industry-leading source for extensive drug information, published under proprietary editorial processes designed to keep information as unbiased as possible. Drugs are divided into related therapeutic or pharmacological groups for easy comparison and are searchable by generic or brand name.
- Includes over 22,000 Rx and 6,000 OTC products, including generic and trade names
- Drugs within the same therapeutic category are grouped side-by-side for easy comparison
- Product tables with detailed product information, including NDC and image and imprint, with sorting and filtering capabilities to simplify your research
- Extensive manufacturer/distributor list
- Off-label uses, with links to more detailed information in specialized Off-Label Drug Facts database
- Pregnancy and lactation information, including access to detailed monographs from Briggs’ Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation
- Dosing information, including pediatric- and geriatric-specific information and adjustments for renal and hepatic impairment
- More than 3,000 unique charts and tables, allowing for comparisons of pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, drug interactions, and much more
- Administration information, including product compatibilities, administration instructions, and patient monitoring
- References available, including PubMed links to the primary literature
A to Z Drug Facts
A summary drug reference resource, including:
- Administration and dosage section organized by age, route, and specific disease states
- Black Box Warnings along with warnings and precautions for specific age groups, pregnancy, lactation, and disease states
- Provides a quick summary level of information when needed
Off-label Drug Facts
Off-Label Drug Facts assists the healthcare professional in quickly identifying published literature regarding a specific drug use that is not currently approved by the FDA.
- Includes more than 1,000 monographs providing off-label drug information for patient populations, indications, route of administration, and dosing
- Documentation rating scale, providing information on the relevance and strength of the evidence for the off-label use
- Summarized information on relevant controlled/non-controlled trial information, as well as historical cohort study information
- Information available on the safety of the off-label use
- References with links to the primary literature
Briggs' Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation
Briggs’ Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation is the definitive reference on medication use in pregnant and lactating women. Briggs’ monographs include case studies and small reviews in addition to larger trials, to provide a wide variety of available information on the use of drugs in pregnant and lactating women.
- Summary information from Briggs is available within core Drug Facts monographs, with links to additional detailed content
- Content is fully referenced
Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS)
Provides detailed information on REMS programs as required by the FDA and specified by the manufacturer.
- Description and purpose of the particular REMS program
- Contact information, including phone numbers, links to manufacturer websites and FDA webpages
- Information on pharmacy and prescriber training responsibilities
- Elements to Assure Safe Use (ETASU) components of the REMS program
- Links to Medication Guides, when appropriate
- Dispensing requirements
- REMS program information is incorporated into each affected drug monograph
These guides contain information for patients on how to safely use a medication. They are created by the manufacturer and approved by the FDA. Available for brand and generic products as provided by the manufacturer.
- Medication Guides are available as a link from the monograph
- Note: This database may not include all current Medication Guides required by the FDA due to limitations on publicly available information.
Review of Natural Products
Provides up-to-date, objective assessment of the latest medical and scientific studies on natural products, including medically active foods (nutraceuticals). Based on clinical studies, monographs are peer-reviewed by an expert panel to provide trusted, evidence-based information.
- More than 350 fully-referenced monographs
- Therapeutic and alphabetic indexes
- Evidence-based herb/drug interactions appendix
- Pregnancy and lactation information
- Patient information
A reference page containing links to more than 600 Black Box Warnings.
- Links provide quick access to a medication’s specific Black Box Warning within drug monographs
- Warnings are updated as new information is identified
Provides an extensive alphabetical list of manufacturers.
- Labelers and re-packagers included
- Contact information is provided, including links to the manufacturer’s website, when available
Provides an alphabetical list of products that should not be crushed or chewed.
- Includes a discussion of dosage form types (including common abbreviations) that should not be crushed or chewed, and why those dosage forms are in use
- Also provides a short summary of why patients may crush or chew medications and some options for those dosage forms that should not be altered
Resource for routine and special immunization needs for children and adults.
- Provides reprinted information from the CDC: Recommended Adult and Pediatric Immunization Schedules
- Also contains catch-up tables for pediatric immunization schedules and general information on vaccines
- Provides information on immunizations in special populations, with references to the CDC MMWR publication on immunizations
Patient Assistance Program Information
Provides information to assist professionals in aiding patients who are having difficulties obtaining their medications.
- Links to information on various assistance programs for medications
- Information on various pharmaceutical and other assistance programs
- Links to discount lists and coupons
Additional Information Links
Expand your search capabilities to other medically-based, qualified websites and primary literature. Links include, but are not limited to:
- ASHP Drug Shortages
- Orange Book
- ISMP (Institute for Safe Medication Practices)
- FDA Recalls
- National Library of Medicine