Clinical Decision Tool Bar
The blue Clinical Decision Tool Bar provides access to those clinical tools that are included in the user's subscription. This bar is available from any screen in the application and provides access to the following tools:
- Interactions - a drug-drug, drug-allergy, drug-herbal interaction and duplicate therapy analysis tool that uses a predictive, evidenced-based model.
- Drug Identifier- identify various unknown drug products based on imprint, dosage form, shape and/or color.
- Calculators - access to over 130 medical calculations, developed by Lexicomp and MedCalc, that have been designed to assist in drug dosing, drip rates and organ function assessment in both adults and children.
- Drug Comparisons - provides the ability to perform side-by-side monograph comparisons using the Monograph View, or create data comparisons between 2-4 drugs, using the Data View.
- Trissel's IV Compatibility - full access to the Trissels's™ 2 Clinical Pharmaceutics Database (Trissel's IV Chek™) for extensive analysis of Admixture, Y-Site and Syringe compatibilities.
- Patient Education - access to multi-language patient education materials for medications, disease/conditions, procedures, discharge instructions, natural products and healthy living.
- Formulary Monograph Service - access detailed information about recently released and investigational drugs, including pharmacy and therapeutic reviews, editorial comments, and drug utilization evaluations.
- Toxicology - access to information on agents of toxicity, antidotes and decontaminants, household products, access to Safety Data Sheets (SDS), toxicology-specific calculators and drug identification in one single tool.
- More Clinical Tools - this section allows access to several other tools including:
- Drug Plans - access to over 5,500 insurance formularies, including managed care organizations, pharmacy benefit managers, health maintenance organizations, state Medicaid formularies, self-insured companies and other health care plans.
- Indexes - access a list of all available databases using alphabetical and other relative indexes.
- Other Clinical Tools - a list of links to other significant websites for information on new drugs, drug shortages, recalls and more.
- The Lexicomp Online Home Page
- Browse by Category
- Reviewing Search Results
- Accessing Information Within a Drug Monograph
- Accessing Clinical Tools
DISCLAIMERS: LEXICOMP PROVIDES ACCESS TO GOOGLE’S TRANSLATE PLUG-IN (“PLUG-IN”) AS A CONVENIENCE FOR USERS WHO MAY WANT TO TRANSLATE TEXT IN THE LEXICOMP ONLINE USER GUIDE FROM ENGLISH TO ANOTHER LANGUAGE. THE PLUG-IN PROVIDES COMPUTER GENERATED LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS WITHOUT INPUT OR REVIEW BY LEXICOMP OR ANY HUMAN WITH TRANSLATION EXPERTISE. LEXICOMP: (1 ) HAS NO CONTROL OVER TRANSLATIONS PERFORMED BY THE PLUG-IN; (2) IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INACCURACY OR MISTRANSLATION RESULTING FROM USE OF THE PLUG-IN; (3) DISCLAIMS ANY OBLIGATION TO INSPECT OR OTHERWISE CONFIRM THE ACCURACY OF TRANSLATED TEXT; (4) DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO TRANSLATED TEXT; AND (5) MAKES NO REPRESENTATION TO USERS REGARDING WHETHER USE OF THE PLUG-IN IS APPROPRIATE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LEXICOMP, ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CLAIM RELATED TO TEXT TRANSLATED BY THE PLUG-IN, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR WHETHER A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. USE OF THE PLUG-IN IS ALSO SUBJECT TO GOOGLE’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHICH MAY BE FOUND ON ITS WEBSITE.