Other Clinical Links
Other clinical links can be accessed from the blue tool bar at the top of the screen. To begin, click on "More Clinical Tools" and then "Other Clinical Links."
This will open a page of useful weblinks that allows you to access a variety of useful information for clinicians. When these hyperlinks are clicked, the page will be opened in a new browser tab to allow you to easily return to Lexicomp Online by clicking back on that tab and resume work from your original location.
Available hyperlinks include:
- New Drugs – This opens a Lexicomp page with a listing of recent new drug approvals.
- ASHP Drug Shortages – This opens the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists® (ASHP) webpage to search current drug shortages.
- ISMP – This opens to the home page for the Institute for Safe Medication Practices.
- National Library of Medicine – This opens the U.S. National Library of Medicine's webpage, which provides access to a multitude of databases including, but not limited to, PubMed/MEDLINE, ClinicalTrials.gov, and TOXNET.
- Orange Book – This opens the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Orange Book, which provides information on approved drug products with therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations.
- FDA Recall – This opens the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) webpage with Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts.
- Dangerous Abbreviations – This opens a list from the National Coordinating Council for Medication Error Reporting and Prevention of dangerous abbreviations that should not be used in clinical practice.
- Canadian Drug Shortages – This opens the Canadian Drug Shortage Database, which provides information on Canadian products affected by drug shortages.
- Ontario Drug Benefit – This opens to the home page for the Ontario Drug Benefit Program.
- SwitchRx – This opens to a Canadian tool for registered users that helps guide healthcare professionals when switching antipsychotic medications in their patients.
- ISMP Canada – This opens to the home page for the Institute for Safe Medication Practices in Canada
- ISMP Canada Safety Bulletins – This opens to the ISMP Canada Safety Bulletins index.
- Quebec's Government Website – This opens the home page for the province of Quebec's medication insurance information.
- APES Quebec – This opens to the Quebec pharmacists' association website.
- Health Canada Natural Products – This opens to the Natural Health Products Database from Health Canada.
- NeedyMeds – This opens to the NeedyMeds website, which provides information on patient drug assistance programs available in the U.S.
- Vaccine Information Statements (VIS) – This opens to the Vaccine Information Statements page within the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
- The Lexicomp Online Home Page
- Browse by Category
- Reviewing Search Results
- Accessing Information Within a Drug Monograph
- Accessing Clinical Tools
DISCLAIMERS: LEXICOMP PROVIDES ACCESS TO GOOGLE’S TRANSLATE PLUG-IN (“PLUG-IN”) AS A CONVENIENCE FOR USERS WHO MAY WANT TO TRANSLATE TEXT IN THE LEXICOMP ONLINE USER GUIDE FROM ENGLISH TO ANOTHER LANGUAGE. THE PLUG-IN PROVIDES COMPUTER GENERATED LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS WITHOUT INPUT OR REVIEW BY LEXICOMP OR ANY HUMAN WITH TRANSLATION EXPERTISE. LEXICOMP: (1 ) HAS NO CONTROL OVER TRANSLATIONS PERFORMED BY THE PLUG-IN; (2) IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INACCURACY OR MISTRANSLATION RESULTING FROM USE OF THE PLUG-IN; (3) DISCLAIMS ANY OBLIGATION TO INSPECT OR OTHERWISE CONFIRM THE ACCURACY OF TRANSLATED TEXT; (4) DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO TRANSLATED TEXT; AND (5) MAKES NO REPRESENTATION TO USERS REGARDING WHETHER USE OF THE PLUG-IN IS APPROPRIATE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LEXICOMP, ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CLAIM RELATED TO TEXT TRANSLATED BY THE PLUG-IN, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR WHETHER A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. USE OF THE PLUG-IN IS ALSO SUBJECT TO GOOGLE’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHICH MAY BE FOUND ON ITS WEBSITE.