Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants
Prescribers need access to rich sources of drug information to help them make the most effective and safest treatment decisions. Wolters Kluwer Clinical Drug Information provides clinical resources that help meet the needs of the physician assistant, advanced practice nurse, nurse midwife, and clinical nurse specialist.
As the roles of APNs and PAs grow, so does the need to be knowledgeable about safe pharmacotherapy. We design our content to be clear, concise and relevant to facilitate efficient decision making for those working hands-on with patients at the point of care. And with a thorough collection of our drug information databases available on mobile apps, you can find answers anytime, anywhere to help you prescribe medications and monitor and educate patients.
Here are some of the ways we help APNs and PAs like you:
- Access crucial drug information like dosing, dosage forms, and adverse reactions
- Use our interactions tool to perform an analysis of a patient’s entire drug and natural product profile to identify potential allergies and interactions
- Conveniently reach both caregiver- and prescriber-focused content in one resource, including:
- Off-label drug uses with evidence ratings
- Dosing by patient population, including pediatric and neonatal, pregnancy and lactation, and geriatric
- Diseases and disorders
- Lab and diagnostics procedures
- Physical assessment and patient monitoring guidelines
- Effectively counsel and educate patients and families with adult and pediatric patient education covering medications, conditions, procedures, discharge instructions, wellness and more
- Feel confident that our information is unbiased and independently reviewed, without influence from third-party recommendations
Drug references for APNs and PAs are available in the following formats:
For more information on our offerings and services specifically for nurses, please visit our store.
If you practice in a group or institutional setting, take a look at our solutions for hospitals and healthcare facilities.