Connecting healthcare professionals worldwide to an aligned medication decision support solution
Wolters Kluwer Clinical Drug Information is unique in our ability to offer hospitals and health systems around the world an extensive and aligned medication decision support solution, including drug references, drug databases, and other tools and services to help build your Clinical Decision Support System.
What is Clinical Decision Support?
Clinical Decision Support Systems are computer applications that review a large amount of data and provides only the information needed to help the user make a treatment decision. This includes automatic checking of drug-to-drug interactions, drug allergies, and safe dosing ranges to provide clear and simple alerts to the user if there is a potential problem with what medication a patient is being prescribed or having dispensed at that moment. In order to generate a relevant result, a Clinical Decision Support System will take in many different pieces of information about the patient - current medications, medical conditions, age, weight, gender, renal function, etc. - and compare that data against the most up to date literature to identify potential problems of which the clinician may not be aware.
Improved access to relevant clinical information for healthcare professionals at the point of care can translate into enhancements in healthcare quality, patient safety, and organizational efficiency.
How Clinical Drug Information can help your institution
- Helping reduce adverse drug events and medication-related errors, leading to fewer hospital readmission and corrective therapy costs
- Helping decrease prescription, dosage, and duplicate therapy errors, providing your patients with better outcomes, helping avoid over-prescribing, and reducing costs associated with unnecessary drug use for both patients and your institution
- Providing standard terminology and improved data entry – shared communication and knowledge among hospital staff increases workflow efficiency
- Helping improve organizational efficiency by reducing unnecessary headcount costs
- Providing access to continually updated, evidenced-based clinical content, helping to alleviate clinician uncertainty and information overload
- Enhancing patient safety by providing the ability to screen prescriptions for potential problems and adverse reactions
- Helping lower drug/stock management costs by making your formulary accessible to all clinicians
- Supporting compliance with standards including Joint Commission International (JCI) – helping meet accreditation guidelines
- All of the above can help your institution save time and reduce operational expenses
Reference offerings for international healthcare institutions
- Lexicomp® Online – Featuring a multinational drug database covering medications used globally
- Referential Monograph Customization – Develop a customized , hospital-specific database that integrates your formulary drug list and policies with Lexicomp Online clinical information
- Lexicomp® Mobile Apps
- Integrated Patient Education – Available in up to 19 languages
- Consumer Education Center
- Lexicomp® handbooks
Data offerings for international healthcare institutions
- Hospitals & Healthcare Facilities
- EMR & Healthcare Application Vendors
- Retail & Community Pharmacy
- Drug Manufacturers & Wholesalers
- Universities & Academic Settings
- International Solutions
- Individual Clinicians/Users
Need more information?
Call us at 855.633.0577 or fill out our online form and we'll have someone contact you!