Controlled Substances File
Help Meet Mandatory U.S. Compliance Requirements for Controlled Substances and Support Quality Assurance Programs
With ongoing increases in verification, monitoring, and reporting requirements for controlled substances, this data helps you meet mandatory compliance with U.S. regulations of controlled substances.
What It Does for Your Business
- Helps your organization meet mandatory compliance requirements for prescribing, dispensing, and reporting controlled substances at the federal, state, and U.S. territory level
- Assists multi-state organizations in reducing time spent manually researching and monitoring varying compliance requirements across different regions
- Supports development by vendors and self-programmers of rules, applications, and reports to meet the needs of their users
- Enhances prescribing, dispensing, and claims processing by allowing clinicians to use the data and developer applications to determine compliance with federal, state, and U.S. territory regulations
- Supports quality assurance measures by providing the tools to create reports and develop analysis programs around controlled substances
- Chain pharmacies operating in multiple states can reduce time spent manually researching and creating home-grown databases to monitor varying federal and state restrictions.
- Pharmacists can double-check that submitted prescriptions comply with regulations and create retrospective quality assurance analysis programs.
Provides the tools to develop reports and create quality assurance programs around controlled substances.
Helps systems verify* clinicians are licensed to prescribe particular controlled substances. Additional indicators further support end-user prescribing applications and the development of quality assurance programs and reporting tools.
* When used with prescriber databases
Helps systems verify* clinicians are licensed to prescribe particular controlled substances.
* When used with prescriber databases
- Saves time and helps streamline processes by providing access to Automation of Reports and Consolidated Orders System (ARCOS) reporting requirements with federal ARCOS indicator. The ARCOS indicator signals whether a particular NDC is ARCOS-reportable according to the DEA website.
What it provides
- Federal, state, and U.S. territory level controlled substance schedules, PDMP, and ARCOS identified at the National Drug Code (NDC) level
- Indicators, including:
- Refill limit
- Duration limit
- Quantity limit
- Narcotic/non-narcotic designation
- Narcotics Addiction DEA Number (NADEAN)
- Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP)
- Automation of Reports and Consolidated Orders System (ARCOS)
- Core Drug Files
- Pricing & Reimbursement
- Drug Attributes
- Patient Education
- Patient Safety
- Clinical Screening
- Hazardous Drug Handling
- Data Analytics
- Medication Therapy Management
- Interchangeability & Biosimilars
- Integrated Reference
- All Databases
- All APIs
Need more information?
Call us at 855.633.0577 or fill out our online form and we'll have someone contact you!
of customers are satisfied with the quality of Medi-Span data
of customers are likely to renew their Medi-Span data license
Hundreds of customers see 50% or greater increase in productivity with Medi-Span
See why more healthcare businesses are choosing Medi-Span for their drug data:
Speed to Market
Medi-Span implementation support helped save me one month in speed to market and about $10,000 in development costs.
Medi-Span, in my view, beats everyone else. It helps you find twice as many drug errors – errors that would lead to readmission - in half the amount of time.
(Medi-Span) allows us to provide features that our competitors do not have.
As a claims processor, we rely on Medi-Span and its wealth of drug information to forecast and price claims for our clients. Medi-Span is the go-to (application) that is recognized across the industry for (manufacturer-provided) drug information. They have innovative tools and excellent customer service that will go above and beyond to provide the best available solution.
Medi-Span implementation support helped save me one month in speed to market and about $10,000 in development costs.”
Consistent Pricing Data
It is the source for the benchmark prices consistently used in the PBM industry and the tool we use to hold PBMs accountable to their pricing promises to our employers.
Business cannot survive without Medi-Span data.
Only reliable published resource for (manufacturer-provided) AWP. (Medi-Span proprietary) GPI is therapeutic classification system of choice. It is very enabling, as clinical management rules are easily articulated.
Even in an era where data abounds, there is a terrific amount of uncertainty. People want confidence that what they are seeing is (based on) real (manufacturer-provided information) – Medi-Span provides that confidence.
(Medi-Span) allows for consistency across the company, industry and clients.
Timely and Relevant
The Medi-Span database allows our system to have the latest and most current information available. It is especially needed for package information, interaction checking, and clinical printing.
This is a foundational piece that is used throughout the organization in many systems and is often used to connect data from multiple systems.
Who is Clinical Drug Information?
With the move to team-based care, conflicting data can lead to actual conflicts – from disparity in business decisions to confusion in communication. We research, validate, and synthesize content to show the right data to right people at the right time. With content developed in a consistent manner across all platforms and resources, your team receives aligned drug information no matter when or how they access it. This helps:
- Improve communication
- Reduce confusion
- Enhance patient care
Impacting thousands of healthcare organizations - see our storyPlay Video
How can our award-winning drug data help you?
Learn more about Medi-Span