Support real-world evidence, big data analytics, and more with better business intelligence
In a world full of data, better informed decisions are waiting to be discovered … but only if your data can be standardized, analyzed, and provide meaningful value. Mining data can help you measure drug efficacy, evaluate and manage costs and inform your coverage decisions.
What It Provides
Standardized coding/terminology and grouping capabilities with our Generic Product Identifier (GPI)
The GPI available in MED-File v2 defines pharmaceutically equivalent drug products based on: active ingredient(s), dosage form, strength or concentration, route of administration, therapeutic use.
Current and historical drug pricing
MED-File v2 with pricing provides unit and package pricing for multiple drug price types: Average Wholesale Price (AWP), Wholesale Acquisition Price (WAC), Direct Price (DP), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Federal Upper Limit (CMS FUL), Average Average Wholesale Price (AAWP), Generic Equivalent Average Price (GEAP).
Indications and conditions to help you better understand patient data
- The Medical Conditions Master Database enables multiple current and future disease-based clinical databases to be linked to this single-source medical conditions name database to aid in medical condition profiling.
- The Drug Indications Database assists in identifying the drugs used to treat a specific medical condition. Supports “proxy” medical condition identification, enabling users to infer likely
medical conditions based on drug therapy when other information is unavailable
Inactive drug dates
Drug Inactive Date File provides an extensive list of inactive NDCs, Universal Product Codes (UPCs), and Health Related Item (HRIs) since the early 1980s, along with their associated inactive dates.
Why do healthcare companies prefer Medi-Span?
- Why Medi-Span?
- Content Areas
- Core Drug Files
- Pricing & Reimbursement
- Drug Attributes
- Patient Education
- Patient Safety
- Clinical Screening
- Hazardous Drug Handling
- Data Analytics
- Medication Therapy Management
- Interchangeability & Biosimilars
- Integrated Reference
- All Databases
- All APIs
- Medi-Span Clinical API Suite
- Implementation & Support
Need more information?
Call us at 855.633.0577 or fill out our online form and we'll have someone contact you!