Medication Therapy Management Resources
Master the Medication Therapy Management (MTM) workflow with aligned, interrelated drug information resources
Wolters Kluwer Clinical Drug Information provides a collection of offerings to help pharmacies, PBMs and payers efficiently manage Medication Therapy Management (MTM) services. The MTM Toolkit is composed of integrated drug databases and drug reference offerings from Clinical Drug Information applications Medi-Span, Facts & Comparisons, and Lexicomp to assist your organization or business in the performance of various MTM activities.
What is MTM?
Introduced in 2000, MTM fosters collaboration between pharmacists and patients who take multiple medications and/or have multiple chronic conditions. Through monitoring and counseling, healthcare professionals work with patients to achieve safer and more effective therapeutic outcomes. It is also a cost-effective approach to medication-related services: According to a University of Minnesota case study*, the reduction in total annual health expenditures related to MTM services exceeded the cost of providing those services by more than 12 to 1!
What’s in the Toolkit and how can it help with MTM?
Customers can choose some or all of these tools from the MTM Toolkit:
Databases & APIs
- Medi-Span Electronic Drug File (MED-File) v2 with Pricing helps to identify the cost of drugs required to treat Medicare Part B-eligible patients with chronic conditions
- Medical Conditions Master Database and Drug Indications Database assist in identifying chronic conditions defined by CMS as eligible for MTM services, thus helping to identify eligible patients
- Medicare Plans File defines Medicare Part B and D drug coverage to aid in identifying Medicare Part B- and Part D-eligible patients
- Integrated Patient Education offers a patient education resource that integrates into healthcare applications to support Comprehensive Medication Reviews (CMR)
Choose a reference solution to aid in patient counseling and provide information on dosing, side effects, indication and more for Comprehensive Medication Reviews (CMR):
- Help your patients/beneficiaries understand the goals of therapy, encouraging better medication adherence
- Help save costs and reduce hospital readmissions through improved outcomes
- Aid in completion of CMS-required Comprehensive Medication Reviews (CMR)
- Increase rates of satisfaction and help positively impact CMS Star Ratings
- Cultivate better communication and increased trust between patients/beneficiaries and your organization and providers
* Brian Isetts, Stephen Schondelmeyer, et al. “Clinical and Economic Outcomes of Medication Therapy Management Services: The Minnesota Experience.” JAPhA, March-April 2008; Vol. 48, No. 2.
- Why Medi-Span?
- Content Areas
- Core Drug Files
- Pricing & Reimbursement
- Drug Attributes
- Patient Education
- Patient Safety
- Clinical Screening
- Hazardous Drug Handling
- Data Analytics
- Medication Therapy Management
- Interchangeability & Biosimilars
- Integrated Reference
- All Databases
- All APIs
- Medi-Span Clinical API Suite
- Implementation & Support
- Medi-Span Clinical - International
Need more information?
Call us at 855.633.0577 or fill out our online form and we'll have someone contact you!