Drug Image & Imprint
Help Reduce Medication Errors with Drug Identification Images and Descriptions
What They Do for Your Business
- Helps strengthen existing patient safety measures, particularly in high-volume mail-order pharmacies, by verifying products dispensed using mass-fill processes
- Enhances patient education and compliance when provided as a part of patient educational materials
- Allows drug images to be printed on patient drug education leaflets, helping the patient or caregiver to verify the medication at home
- Supports pharmacists by helping patients verify the drugs they are prescribed themselves, comparing them against images printed on education materials
What They Provide
Content on thousands of prescription and OTC medications, including tablets, capsules, and liquids:
- Drug Images
- High-resolution images of tablets, capsules, transdermal patches, and other dosage forms in multiple formats (e.g., .jpg, .gif and .bmp)
- More than 20,800 unique images
- Data unique to a National Drug Code (NDC) and to specific manufacturers
- Images for more than 56,600 NDCs
- Imprints for tablets, capsules, transdermal patches, and other dosage forms
- Multiple descriptors for a drug, including color, dose form, coating, shape, flavor, and imprint text, among others
- Imprints for more than 73,800 NDCs
- Color and shape palettes allow for specialized colors and shapes to map to more commonly recognized colors and shapes
- API: Medi-Span Clinical Drug Image and Imprint API
- Flat File: Drug Image Database and Drug Imprint Database
- Core Drug Files
- Pricing & Reimbursement
- Drug Attributes
- Patient Education
- Patient Safety
- Clinical Screening
- Hazardous Drug Handling
- Data Analytics
- Medication Therapy Management
- Interchangeability & Biosimilars
- Integrated Reference
- All Databases
- All APIs
Need more information?
Call us at 855.633.0577 or fill out our online form and we'll have someone contact you!
of customers are satisfied with the quality of Medi-Span data
of customers are likely to renew their Medi-Span data license
Hundreds of customers see 50% or greater increase in productivity with Medi-Span
See why more healthcare businesses are choosing Medi-Span for their drug data:
Speed to Market
Medi-Span implementation support helped save me one month in speed to market and about $10,000 in development costs.
Medi-Span, in my view, beats everyone else. It helps you find twice as many drug errors – errors that would lead to readmission - in half the amount of time.
(Medi-Span) allows us to provide features that our competitors do not have.
As a claims processor, we rely on Medi-Span and its wealth of drug information to forecast and price claims for our clients. Medi-Span is the go-to (application) that is recognized across the industry for (manufacturer-provided) drug information. They have innovative tools and excellent customer service that will go above and beyond to provide the best available solution.
Medi-Span implementation support helped save me one month in speed to market and about $10,000 in development costs.”
Consistent Pricing Data
It is the source for the benchmark prices consistently used in the PBM industry and the tool we use to hold PBMs accountable to their pricing promises to our employers.
Business cannot survive without Medi-Span data.
Only reliable published resource for (manufacturer-provided) AWP. (Medi-Span proprietary) GPI is therapeutic classification system of choice. It is very enabling, as clinical management rules are easily articulated.
Even in an era where data abounds, there is a terrific amount of uncertainty. People want confidence that what they are seeing is (based on) real (manufacturer-provided information) – Medi-Span provides that confidence.
(Medi-Span) allows for consistency across the company, industry and clients.
Timely and Relevant
The Medi-Span database allows our system to have the latest and most current information available. It is especially needed for package information, interaction checking, and clinical printing.
This is a foundational piece that is used throughout the organization in many systems and is often used to connect data from multiple systems.
Who is Clinical Drug Information?
With the move to team-based care, conflicting data can lead to actual conflicts – from disparity in business decisions to confusion in communication. We research, validate, and synthesize content to show the right data to right people at the right time. With content developed in a consistent manner across all platforms and resources, your team receives aligned drug information no matter when or how they access it. This helps:
- Improve communication
- Reduce confusion
- Enhance patient care
Impacting thousands of healthcare organizations - see our storyPlay Video
How can our award-winning drug data help you?
Learn more about Medi-Span