Medical Conditions Vocabulary
Build Smart Picklists with a Structured, Flexible Medical Conditions Vocabulary
What It Does for Your Business
- Enables multiple current and future disease-based clinical databases to be linked to this single-source medical conditions name database
- Promotes interoperability within health information systems by providing cross-references to industry-standard medical condition terminologies, including ICD-9 CM, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS and SNOMED CT®
- Aids in medical condition profiling
- Permits navigation to and from more specific and generic medical conditions, helping identify related and potentially relevant medical conditions
- Helps lessen false positive alerts due to inactive patient conditions by permitting programmatic deletion of acute medical conditions (e.g., myocardial infarction and infection) from patient disease profiles
- Offers flexibility in consumer-based and professional clinical screening applications by including professional and patient medical condition synonyms
- Assists in identifying chronic conditions defined by CMS as eligible for MTM services, thus helping you identify eligible patients - Learn more about the MTM Toolkit
What It Provides
- Robust multi-parented, multi-tiered hierarchy
- Multiple names for a given medical condition, including:
- Primary professional
- Professional synonym
- Primary patient
- Patient synonym
- Multiple attributes for each condition, as applicable, including:
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Condition type
Delivery and Required Solutions
- Medi-Span Clinical Drug Foundation API
- Medi-Span Clinical ICD-9-CM Disease Mapping API
- Medi-Span Clinical ICD-10-CM/PCS Disease Mapping API
(Also available via Web services)
- Medi-Span Clinical SNOMED CT Disease Mapping API
(Also available via Web services)
Flat File: Medical Conditions Master Database
Required Companion for Other Solutions
- Core Drug Files
- Pricing & Reimbursement
- Drug Attributes
- Patient Education
- Patient Safety
- Clinical Screening
- Hazardous Drug Handling
- Data Analytics
- Medication Therapy Management
- Interchangeability & Biosimilars
- Integrated Reference
- All Databases
- All APIs
Need more information?
Call us at 855.633.0577 or fill out our online form and we'll have someone contact you!
of customers are satisfied with the quality of Medi-Span data
of customers are likely to renew their Medi-Span data license
Hundreds of customers see 50% or greater increase in productivity with Medi-Span
See why more healthcare businesses are choosing Medi-Span for their drug data:
Speed to Market
Medi-Span implementation support helped save me one month in speed to market and about $10,000 in development costs.
Medi-Span, in my view, beats everyone else. It helps you find twice as many drug errors – errors that would lead to readmission - in half the amount of time.
(Medi-Span) allows us to provide features that our competitors do not have.
As a claims processor, we rely on Medi-Span and its wealth of drug information to forecast and price claims for our clients. Medi-Span is the go-to (application) that is recognized across the industry for (manufacturer-provided) drug information. They have innovative tools and excellent customer service that will go above and beyond to provide the best available solution.
Medi-Span implementation support helped save me one month in speed to market and about $10,000 in development costs.”
Consistent Pricing Data
It is the source for the benchmark prices consistently used in the PBM industry and the tool we use to hold PBMs accountable to their pricing promises to our employers.
Business cannot survive without Medi-Span data.
Only reliable published resource for (manufacturer-provided) AWP. (Medi-Span proprietary) GPI is therapeutic classification system of choice. It is very enabling, as clinical management rules are easily articulated.
Even in an era where data abounds, there is a terrific amount of uncertainty. People want confidence that what they are seeing is (based on) real (manufacturer-provided information) – Medi-Span provides that confidence.
(Medi-Span) allows for consistency across the company, industry and clients.
Timely and Relevant
The Medi-Span database allows our system to have the latest and most current information available. It is especially needed for package information, interaction checking, and clinical printing.
This is a foundational piece that is used throughout the organization in many systems and is often used to connect data from multiple systems.
Who is Clinical Drug Information?
With the move to team-based care, conflicting data can lead to actual conflicts – from disparity in business decisions to confusion in communication. We research, validate, and synthesize content to show the right data to right people at the right time. With content developed in a consistent manner across all platforms and resources, your team receives aligned drug information no matter when or how they access it. This helps:
- Improve communication
- Reduce confusion
- Enhance patient care
Impacting thousands of healthcare organizations - see our storyPlay Video
How can our award-winning drug data help you?
Learn more about Medi-Span