Limiting Searches within Monograph Sections
In addition to basic global searching, Lexicomp Online allows users to perform a more refined search of the clinical content. To perform a more targeted search within a specific section of the monograph, click the "Limit Search to" drop-down arrow to view a list of possible sections that can be searched. To limit your search to a particular field, simply click on the desired listing from the drop-down menu. Below is a list of the sections that can be searched specifically:
- Monograph Name - This is the default search that limits the search to the title of the monograph.
- Adverse Reactions - This will limit your search to the Adverse Reactions section of the drug monograph and allows the user to enter a particular adverse reaction and see a list of drugs that include this search term in the Adverse Reaction section.
- Contraindications - This will limit your search to the Contraindications section of the monograph. This allows the user to enter search terms potentially associated with particular conditions and see a list of drugs that have those search terms listed in the Contraindications section.
- Charts/Special Topics - This will limit your search to the Charts/Special Topics section of the database. This allows the user to enter a keyword and search for a list of Chart/Special Topic sections that contain that keyword.
- Drug Interactions - This will limit your search to the Drug Interactions section of the monograph. This allows the user to enter a specific drug or drug class and see where that drug or drug class is listed in the Drug Interactions section.
- Use - This will limit the search to the Use section of the monograph. This allows users to enter search terms potentially associated with a particular disease or condition and see a list of drugs that include the search terms in the Uses or Uses, Unlabeled fields.
- Warnings/Precautions - This will limit the search to the Warnings/Precautions section of the monograph. This allows users to enter a keyword and see a list of drugs that have that keyword listed in the Warnings/Precautions section.
- NDC - This will limit your search to the NDC section of the monograph. This allows users to search for drugs using NDC numbers.
- Methodology - This will limit your search to the Methodology section of a lab monograph. This allows a user to see a list of laboratory tests that use a particular methodology.
- Pharmacologic Category - This will limit the search to the Pharmacologic Category section of the monograph. This allows the user to enter search terms potentially associated with a specific pharmacologic category and see a list of drugs that include the search terms in the Pharmacologic Category section.
- Field Name - This will limit the search to only section headings. This allows users to search for drug monographs that contain a specific field.
- Manufacturer - This will limit the search to the Manufacturer section of the monograph. For brand name products only, this allows the user to enter a manufacturer name and see a list of the brand name drugs associated with that manufacturer.
- All Text - This will allow the user to search all of the text in the Lexicomp Online system and can be used to find a keyword or topic regardless of in which field the word appears.
- The Lexicomp Online Home Page
- Browse by Category
- Reviewing Search Results
- Accessing Information Within a Drug Monograph
- Accessing Clinical Tools
DISCLAIMERS: LEXICOMP PROVIDES ACCESS TO GOOGLE’S TRANSLATE PLUG-IN (“PLUG-IN”) AS A CONVENIENCE FOR USERS WHO MAY WANT TO TRANSLATE TEXT IN THE LEXICOMP ONLINE USER GUIDE FROM ENGLISH TO ANOTHER LANGUAGE. THE PLUG-IN PROVIDES COMPUTER GENERATED LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS WITHOUT INPUT OR REVIEW BY LEXICOMP OR ANY HUMAN WITH TRANSLATION EXPERTISE. LEXICOMP: (1 ) HAS NO CONTROL OVER TRANSLATIONS PERFORMED BY THE PLUG-IN; (2) IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INACCURACY OR MISTRANSLATION RESULTING FROM USE OF THE PLUG-IN; (3) DISCLAIMS ANY OBLIGATION TO INSPECT OR OTHERWISE CONFIRM THE ACCURACY OF TRANSLATED TEXT; (4) DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO TRANSLATED TEXT; AND (5) MAKES NO REPRESENTATION TO USERS REGARDING WHETHER USE OF THE PLUG-IN IS APPROPRIATE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LEXICOMP, ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CLAIM RELATED TO TEXT TRANSLATED BY THE PLUG-IN, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR WHETHER A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. USE OF THE PLUG-IN IS ALSO SUBJECT TO GOOGLE’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHICH MAY BE FOUND ON ITS WEBSITE.